Product Development Director
We are seeking a Product Development Director to oversee the full life cycle of Accent Decor products: product development and launch, enhancements and redesigns, ensuring timely execution of all plans. Accent Decor is known as an innovator and trend-setter in our industry; the successful candidate will understand what makes our products unique ,and will understand our niche in this market— exploring new possibilities and design innovations.
We are looking for a creative, results driven self-starter to plan, organize, validate and execute on Accent Decor strategic goals as outlined by the Creative VP.
• Under supervision of the Creative VP, develop and implement long and short-term product category strategies that are in line with the AD business strategy and meet our sales objectives.
• Ensure that objectives in the product development life cycle (development, procurement, pricing, ERP entry, logistics, launch) are clearly defined and align with our performance timelines and goals.
• Partner with Sales and Marketing to understand the buying habits of AD customers, offering ideas and opportunities to meet and exceed their expectations.
• Support continuous process improvement initiatives, making recommendations to the Creative VP.
• Establish specification standards for new products, while ensuring appropriate controls are in place to deliver those standards efficiently and consistently.
• Create a strong focus on the coaching and development of the product team, optimizing individual and organizational performance, while creating a focused, engaged and productive team.
• Engaged with industry trends in floral, design, and event, focusing on establishing best in class creative competitive advantages for each industry that will enhance the Accent Decor footprint.
• Partner with the marketing, merchandising and sales teams to develop our story telling and brand deployment strategy.
• 7+ years of product development experience.
• 5 years of management experience.
• Open and Innovative: able to embody and enhance Accent Decor’s established brand and vision.
• Entrepreneurial openness; able to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently.
• Excellent communication including written, verbal and listening skills; ability to leverage those communication skills to gain buy-in and drive change.
• Collaborative: Builds partnerships and ensures shared successes.
• Organized with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to travel: 25%, some international.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• Company paid life insurance
• Paid Holidays and vacation time
• Health and Wellness program
• Employee Purchase Program
• 401K match