The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for ensuring customer shipments are invoiced and loaded onto the routed carriers and forwarders. The coordinator is also responsible for scheduling freight pick-ups, deliveries, tracking and other related tasks. This position is critical to Accent Decor to ensure customers receive their shipment in good condition using the proper delivery method.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assigns pro labels and creates BOL’s for outbound shipments so warehouse personnel can accurately tag and load shipments.
• Verifies any compliance instructions in IN41 have been executed properly.
• Invoices shipments and adds comments related to shipment in ERP system for customer record and customer support to review as needed.
• Manages outbound shipments for customers with compliances using vendor websites or portals.
• Manages staged orders in warehouse to ensure time-sensitive orders ship as expected.
• Assists the Sales and Customer Service teams to provide the best experience for customers by offering shipping information, finding the best logistic and fiscal options, and resolving issues with shipments.
• Frequently communicates with freight partners to obtain quotes and optimize delivery based on customer needs.
• Coordinates returns by working with customer support and customers if needed.
• Assist with tagging shipments as needed
• Helps with other projects or special tasks as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
• High School diploma
• 1-2 years of logistics experience
• Strong organizational skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication skills
• Innovative and flexible
• Exhibits creativity and tenacity to drive effective solutions through supply chain
• Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
• Follows direction
• Great willingness to learn
• Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• Company paid life insurance
• Paid Holidays and vacation time
• Health and Wellness program
• Employee Purchase Program
• 401K match